Tuesday 17 July 2012

V22 Communal Ceramics Studio: Stage 1

In case you don't know (almost impossible because this is all I talk about!!)
 I am setting up and amazing communal ceramics studio in  V22, Bermonsey. This is the brain child of Tara Cranswick and the ball was set rolling by James Wright
The space has so much potential! Here is the plan:
 We are going to have 4 permanent artists spaces and 2 residential spaces. These can be hired by the day or week. Between us we have 4 kilns, a spray booth, a ball mill, a sand blaster, five wheels and an extruder
We will run regular classes and tuition and also be on hand for technical advise. 


The added bonus for me is that I have a much more appropriate space to run my classes previously run at Surrey Docks Farm. Which means I will have more to offer my students and is going to save me the long set up I had previously.
It is possible to work from there already and we want to have it fully functional by the 1st September.  I have LOTS to do so I called in my dream team! (Russell & Son)
Jerry believes in regular breaks and regular sandwiches : )

Yesterday Jerry helped me haul 6 car loads from the farm to V22, he was a hero! It would have taken me 3 days on my own! It s great to have that bit out of the way. But before we moved it we had to put in some structure to store all the materials.

Fortunately James had collected lots of tables and shelves so it didn't take a lot to
 organize a space for all my stock and materials.

I stubbled over V22 a couple of moths ago when I was searching for a space of my own to do my own work. Mindful of the original desire I've opted to build myself a private space inside the huge studio. Somewhere I can get away from it all : )
The frame for my beach hut studio.

The right hand side of the space before I tided it!

The left hand side.

The skin going on my studio.

Can't do all this work without a cuppa 

Nearly done : )

It s changing every week so I ll keep you posted! : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment